Congratulations on your forthcoming marriage!
Whether you're well into the planning stage or just starting out, we want to help and support you as you prepare for your wedding and married life.
Am I eligible to marry at Holy Trinity, Amberley?
We want to encourage marriage and so you can marry in Holy Trinity, Amberley if you can answer Yes to one of the following statements:
- I live in the parish
- I was baptised in the parish
- I prepared for confirmation in the parish
- My parent or grandparent was married in the parish
- I have had my usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months
- My parent has had their usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months during my lifetime.
- I have habitually attended public worship at the parish church for at least 6 months
- My parent has habitually attended public worship at the parish church for at least 6 months during my lifetime.
What are the Banns?
Banns are an announcement and a legal requirement of your intention to marry and have to be read out on 3 Sundays prior to the Wedding, in the church you are going to get married in and in the parishes where each of you lives. To find your parish go to the Church of England web-site and and search here.
The Banns are read at the 10.00am service.
What's the next step?
To help you prepare for married life, we will invite you to attend our Marriage Preparation Course
If you'd simply like to know more about Church Weddings in general, Your Church Wedding is an excellent resource.